Biathlon Ontario is a non-for-profit corporation that promotes, develops and maintains all aspects of winter and summer biathlon in Ontario. The corporation is overseen by a Board of Directors who function as the governing body of Biathlon Ontario and various sub-committees. There are currently seven (7) members on the board and one head coach.
Biathlon Ontario has a mandate to:
- promote and co-ordinate competition and non-competitive provincial development of biathlon, including the operation of a provincial team and a provincial competitive program and support of the national team
- to exercise jurisdiction on all matters pertaining to the participation of Ontario biathlon teams in national championships and other national or international competitions
- to provide guidance, information and assistance to member clubs and the development of biathlon program within the clubs
- to promote and encourage physical fitness and public participation in athletic activities in general, and biathlon in particular
- to keep accurate statistical records on all competitors in all sanctioned races in Ontario to develop a fair and accurate grading system for provincial and national team placement and funding
Board of Directors
Please see below to find documents relating to our By-laws, Policies, Plans & Annual General Meetings
- Financial Management Policy and Procedures – April 2013??
- 2018-2019 AGM Agenda Supporting Documents Minutes Biathlon Ontario Proxy Form
- 2017-2018 AGM Minutes